View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 01:11 PM
underwear is optional...
Corporal

Default Re: moving to new state, advice on finding work

Sean... youre doing it right bro! i am in the SAME predicament as my ol lady is getting ready to move because of the army to Colorado. i did the same thing.. look around on the net, talk to people on here (THANKS SJRABBIT! ive got a shop in Castle rock- red sky tattoo-) and ill be starting AS soon as i get on the ground (as best as planned...) what i did as well was all the above! call a couple times talk to the other artists, just bulls&!t if you can.. ask them if they are happy.. stuff to just be yourself.. hell when i moved here to richmond almost two years ago, i was in the totally same predicament all too many people come in and bulls&!t.. bring your portfolio, bring your machines. bring sketches, drawings, hell sculptings!! whatever! show that you have drive and motivation and that you can be trustworthy.. youll be fine.. and ultimately talk to the boss and see what you can bring to the table! as far as efficiency, or what you know or do differently.. who knows!!

anyrate.. honesty and trustworthiness is KEY in this industry, and its always better than a tweaker scratcher ANYday.. (which i know you are not.. ) GOOD LUCK BRO!! and keep us all in the loop with what you find!!!

Ryan "cactus Jack"
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote