View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007, 11:18 PM
Private

Default Re: Tattoo apprenticeships as defined by the APT

It's strange, I am apprenticing right now and every time my mentor "reviews" my progress she moves up the time it's going to be that I start working. I didn't have any plans as far as how long it would take - I figured a couple years - but was willing to do whatever it took.
As for BEING tattoed... I never had the TIME to do it! What with working as a crane operator for the last ten years, usually out of town at 12 hours a day, 7 days a week! But even though I'm not sleeved or whatever, just changing careers at 37 years old, when I made 70,000 a year already, with a wife and two kids and being the only one working, I still have the respect and the commitment to the art of tattooing. And being an artist in many mediums I'm dieing to get going just to make art! I am anal as hell when it comes to sterilization and protecting everyone involved, I haven't done anymore tats out of the pad because of how f@#king dirty a house is as opposed to a shop.
I've now moved the whole production to my back yard and scoop dog s&!t while working on my guinee pig so i don't waste the gloves... but I do wipe the shovel with an HB wipe! lololol
I'm starting to get the sleeves though, Corey Miller has done a portrait of Dali on my forearm (I was born the same day and he was my first favorite artist). I am going to do all of my fave artists on my left art and samples of their art on my right. I'm getting a painting by Michael Hussar done on my right by Corey on that new show L.A. Ink probably next week... "movie stahhh" lol. The painting is my user icon, it's a portrait of Hans Memling.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote