View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 06:20 PM
Private

Default how bad do i suck?

i'm 32 years old and (mostly) self taught. i got a job in a shop at 18, just weeks after getting some real equipment. i quit after less than a year to train mma full time. some years later i got a job at a different shop, the other guy was way worse than me, so i told the owner i wouldn't work with him because i didn't want my name associated with his work. he told me i was the new manager and to fire the guy if i wanted. since i couldn't find anybody better than me that would work there, i continued to work by myself with nobody to learn from or grow with. i've spent more time working out of the house than at shops. i do have my own autoclave, and my home studio is nicer than some shops i've worked in. tile floors, proper furniture and equipment in a designated room. new needles for every customer (i actually quit a couple shops where i had a chance to work with better artists because they reused needles or were otherwise unsanitary) so please don't group me with your average kitchen hackers. i've been more flash mechanic than artist for the most part, it takes me FOREVER to draw custom pieces. i don't do photo realisim and don't claim to. anyway, my customers are always happy, but we all know most of 'em don't know s**t. so check out some of my work and tell me if you think i should try harder or hang it up. keep it honest but please don't be nasty. http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...lbumId=1097254
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote