View Single Post
Old 08-19-2007, 05:46 PM
the cap'm
Corporal

Default Re: Tattoo apprenticeships as defined by the APT

that's how it's gotta be

it sucks, there's like ten "schools" each with at least two or three "students" just in this one small town

most of them get set loose once they get their "papers" and then roam around with their sad portfolios, trying to get a job, they end up working at a s&!t shop or out of their house

but it's f@#king legal those motherf@#kers, arrrgh

they don't know a damn thing when they're done 99% of them would need a whole new apprenticeship too. It's really sad and I hate it, there's one chick I wanna teach and I can't even have her at the shop, coworkers worry about the man catching her there etc

I don't blame them, I worry too so she's not really moving along as well as she could be, plus then I have to ship her out to another state to work for 2 years just so she can get her OR license

They teach people but don't hire them, I'd for s&!t's sake never teach anyone I wouldn't hire afterwards, that's the whole point right? teach someone who's a great artist to be even better and be able to tattoo, then work with them; not teach ten people then turn em loose with no job or experience

it chaps my nuts raw, been tearing my hair out since I moved here actually

but the people who were on the health board's vote list and helped write the law run these "schools" so there's not a lot to be done...yet...at the moment...*secret plans have been formed* ... but it'll be forever before any of it changes
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote