View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 02:27 PM
Field Marshal

Default Re: Cross Contamination

[QUOTE=Deran;43213]
Why in the world would someone be against bagging their machines?? Admittedly I don't bag them all the time, but I spray them with cavacide afterwards. I want to get in the habbit though. QUOTE]

i knew this would be coming up, i bag everything but my machines, why you may ask? putting a bag over your machine creates a barrier that traps heat. there is always going to be micro splatter from the chuck end of the tube trapped inside the heat filled bag and on your machine. i would rather just wipe them down when finished with madacide, cavacide or any germicidal cleaner than have to worry about bacteria growth under my coils, in them or just plain messy, bloody ink getting all over my machine. this has been debated for years and regardless which side of the fence your're on, it's not too hard to be clean and free from cross contamination.

i see a lot of hot shot guys CC at conventions and it drives me nuts. some people don't understand how to break down with one clean glove and one dirty glove. i go through 3 sets of gloves to set up and 3 more to break down, nevrmind the 12-20 pairs i throw away during the tattoo. gloves and proper barrier coverage are not expensive and the cost goes to the client anyway.

and for f@#ks sake, leave the stupid f@#kin cell phone alone while working. nothing says i care about what i'm doing to you like arguing with my girlfiend on the cell while your getting your tattoo. treat your client like they are the most important thing in the world, because they are. they are paying your bills, each and every one.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote