Thread: White ink
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 12:13 AM
Platoon Sargent

Default Re: White ink

I'm speaking in theory only.
I think the mixing issue is about the separation, or lack of, bonding of pigment molecules. If mixing the two pigments of opposing molecular structures the pigments would separate and bond to the agents that represent most closely to their own structure and you could possibly get darker zones of concentrated colors.
Like filling a swimming pool with red and yellow balls of the same size (Powder only, or pre-dispersed only), up close you see the different colors of each ball as if examining a pigment molecule under a microscope, but if flown over in an airplane you would see an orange cylindrical shape. On the other hand, if tossing in a mixture of balls that are magically polar opposites(pre-dispersed and powder mixed), the red balls would bond to other red balls of the same molecular structure and the yellow balls would bond to the yellow balls in clumps or masses. Up close you could pick out each color like examining with a microscope but over head you would see a round sphere resembling a sun with pods of redder areas like sunspots.
On a serious note without this hypothetical bullcrap, I mix whatever I have in my collection that will create that shade or tone of color I am looking for. I think if there is a problem when mixing them, it's not that huge enough of a problem that would make me want to avoid it....haha
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote