View Single Post
Old 07-04-2008, 02:35 PM
Private

Default Re: Is this a normal apprenticeship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyjaywymbs View Post
money is nice, but not my motivation. better art = satisfied customer and artist and better pay. it's a no brainer those who care enough about what they put out.
Yea man, I hear ya...we had a lady come into our shop the other day telling us about how she went to another local shop and they told her that they didn't give a damn about how her tattoo looks, they're only in it for the money. I was always more into the art side of it...the money is great, but if you do good work and care about your clients, you'll get more clients and make more f@#kin' money!
I always try to put out the best tattoos I can, even if it's something I personally wouldn't get on myself. It's important enough to the client to get it on them for the rest of their lives, then it should be important enough to me to do the very best that I can, each and every time.
Now I'm not saying I'm badass or anything, as a matter of fact, I've only been tattooing a couple of years. But I care about the work I do and I care if my clients are happy with what I've done for them. Now I have a s&!tload of clients that come back looking for me to do more on them because I did a good job and I treated them with respect and kindness.
So yea, do your best, care about what you do and the money with f@#kin' role on in. I feel that if you're in this gig only for the money, than you're only gonna end up broke with a s&!tty reputation.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote