All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio

All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Questions (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Cross Contamination (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1803)

conorblue 11-09-2007 08:57 AM

Cross Contamination

....Using markers on open skin and then reusing them, using saturated paper towels to open ink bottles, answering the phone and adjusting machines with dirty gloves these are just a few of the problems that I am trying to enlighten some of the different artists i know about. It doesnt make sense that if you autoclave your stuff, use barrier film, and say you care about cross contamination that things like this dont upset you and people dont understand. However when I tell people about this stuff when I see it, its like I am the asshole...or arrogant. How do I get through to people that your tattoo is only good if you ddont KILL SOMEONE with infection. ANyone egot any good links, articles, etc I can maybe print up or something?

conorblue 05-27-2009 08:54 PM

Re: Cross Contamination

i posted this if FEB 2006. Not a single fckin reply. It blows my mind. I still see people cross contaminating in different shops, conventions, f@#k...i saw a guy tattooing and eating a cheeseburger at the same time ones in TX. f@#kIN A!

I think with the constant overflow on this board of "shop talk" and "trade secrets" maybe get some of this s&!t out.

What training do you have?
What are you required to have by state?

Maybe if scratchers think we are so cool, they will start to think sterility and cleanliness is cool...and stop tattooing on couches...let alone the dirty cretins IN our industry.

cometcowgirl 05-28-2009 12:19 AM

I may be nobody but I do respect the importance of NOT cross contaminating. I have had numerous co-workers in the past that did things like answer phones, touch this that and the other while working on a customer. I try my darnedest to do all I can to make sure that I'm not the one causing an infection for the client.

I hear ya loud and clear.

conorblue 05-28-2009 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cometcowgirl (Post 43147)
I may be nobody but I do respect the importance of NOT cross contaminating. I have had numerous co-workers in the past that did things like answer phones, touch this that and the other while working on a customer. I try my darnedest to do all I can to make sure that I'm not the one causing an infection for the client.

I hear ya loud and clear.

i might sound like a camp counselor or something.... but.... if you give a s&!t about cross contamination....YOU ARE A SOMEBODY!

YAY! GO TEAM "GIVE A s&!t"

U-G-L-Y Cross contaminators got no alibi!!! DEY UGLY!!!! DEY UGLY!!!

HowieFelterbush 05-28-2009 02:28 AM

Wait, eating a cheeseburger while tattooing is bad?

conorblue 05-28-2009 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HowieFelterbush (Post 43161)
Wait, eating a cheeseburger while tattooing is bad?

you would be suprised what ive seen.

br8e 05-28-2009 09:24 AM

yea i agree there should be more awarness some of the shops around here scare me. like i dont even want be in the waiting room . too many people rushing to get in a shop or starting thier own..... no patience.

br8e 05-28-2009 09:32 AM

i think thier should be as many questions about improving bad habits as there are on making their art better. like you said if someone would point them out to them they would know. its bad........ where are their mentors?

travelingtom 05-28-2009 12:02 PM

bag your f@#king machines people, in fact put a bag on everything, it's not hard. oh and i like your cheer conor:)

conorblue 05-28-2009 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travelingtom (Post 43189)
bag your f@#king machines people, in fact put a bag on everything, it's not hard. oh and i like your cheer conor:)

a lot of the times, its just too easy to turn a screw with a glove and accidentally cross contaminate. i clean my machines even though i bag, let alone having to be aware of where you put your machine, if it brushed the client, etc etc.., you can turn it with your bag on and not have to change gloves! i dont want to get tattooed by a machine that looks like an old paintbucket.

GO TEAM CLEAN!