All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio

All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Questions (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   help needed (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4522)

dardy 08-09-2009 03:25 PM

help needed

hello hope everyones well :) i need a little advice on wots the best thing to use to stop cross contamination of darker colors and tones going into lighter colors if doing a piece building up frm the lighter tones before using darker ones many thanks if anyone can offer me advice on this...[bigsmile]

brenthale 08-09-2009 07:59 PM

Re: help needed

Ummm, not to sound like an asshole, but an apprenticeship would be a good start.

Solomon 08-09-2009 08:03 PM

Unless you tattoo like the cookie monster eats cookies, I've never found this to be a real issue.

But if your if your gonna lose sleep over it, cover the areas of concern with A&D while you work

conorblue 08-09-2009 09:39 PM

definitely an apprenticeship there bubs. throwing around jargon, that doesn't apply to the situation you are describing makes it all a little clearer...so read some other threads on how to get an apprenticeship...or if you got one...get a new one. but dont shoot yourself in the foot by trying to tattoo without guidance.

Cross Contamination: The spreading of germs, bacteria and/or disease by carrying them from an infected area to a non-infected area.

If a tattooist is wearing protective gloves and then comes in contact with the client's blood, he is protected. However, if he answers the phone with those same gloves, the phone has been cross-contaminated with bloodborne pathogens. If he puts on a new pair of gloves, but then picks something up off the floor and then touches the client, the client has been cross-contaminated with numerous unknown bacteria.

travelingtom 08-09-2009 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conorblue (Post 46059)
definitely an apprenticeship there bubs. throwing around jargon, that doesn't apply to the situation you are describing makes it all a little clearer...so read some other threads on how to get an apprenticeship...or if you got one...get a new one. but dont shoot yourself in the foot by trying to tattoo without guidance.

Cross Contamination: The spreading of germs, bacteria and/or disease by carrying them from an infected area to a non-infected area.

If a tattooist is wearing protective gloves and then comes in contact with the client's blood, he is protected. However, if he answers the phone with those same gloves, the phone has been cross-contaminated with bloodborne pathogens. If he puts on a new pair of gloves, but then picks something up off the floor and then touches the client, the client has been cross-contaminated with numerous unknown bacteria.

conor = s m a r t. oh and tattooing on a couch is a nono. some people actually don't know that

dardy 08-10-2009 08:47 AM

done apprentship at house of pain,manchester, under steve berry and jon howarth in england.im at a studio nw in bury manchester odd days till january called skin graffiti the owners jimmy lomas.so appreciate if u dont judge to fast you can check out my work at http/www.myspace.com/dardy2 i start full time when the other artist leaves to open his own studio.just trying to be the best i can knowledge is a great thing and many artist do things differently.sorry for asking

Deran 08-10-2009 09:41 AM

I would really try to avoid starting light. Get the darks in first. But if you must, just cover the area with ointment. If ink gets on the light spots, it'll just be sitting on the ointment, and will wipe right away. Just remember to cover that area again after you wipe it. Its a big pain in the ass, but works.

Royuno 08-10-2009 10:54 AM

LUBE IT UP!

brenthale 08-10-2009 11:57 AM

Don't be sorry for asking, knowledge is a very powerful thing. This just seems like a question that could easily be answered by your mentor/coworkers. Like I said, I wasn't trying to sound like an asshole.

dardy 08-10-2009 01:56 PM

i understand tht but as we all knw there are outstanding artists and ur bog standard artists who are just there for the money nw im very greatful for my apprentship and wot i was taught but there was only so much they could teach me.i strive 2 be the best i can.I was taught linework thn shadingand lay color over.But the reason i asked the question about ink contamination was i was a sneak preview of angelo grisafi tips on doing potraits whn doing the joker he was building up his tones from light to dark and mentioned about stopping the darker shades effecting the lighter tones.so maybe i will just purchase the dvd