All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio

All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Opinions on this gun (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3713)

terryhaddon 02-10-2009 01:06 PM

Opinions on this gun

So i brought this up before but i'm finally making the purchase. I looking at buying a handgun this weekend. I was thinking about this one, and have read some really good reviews. With all the gun lovin people on this site i was wondering if you could take a look and give me some advice.

It's a Beretta Px4storm. I actually like the Kimbers but they are expensive as hell!!!

Now i know pretty much nothing about handguns. This mentions that it comes in 9mm Luger(10), 9mm Luger(17) 40 S&W(14). What the biggest difference between 9mm or 40 S&W(which is better for a beginner). Looking to use it at the gun range and on any evil ninja's that might try to jack my reese cups in the middle of the night.

http://www.px4storm.com/index.aspx?m=53&did=55

Thanks!
Terry

BRANDON BOND 02-10-2009 04:04 PM

Re: Opinions on this gun

looks good to me I have never fired on of those so I dont know.

LongShot 02-10-2009 04:12 PM

There is a long road between Beretta and Kimber...

The Storm is a good platform, user friendly and reasonably accurate. For a beginner or just for general range use, I would go with a 9mm. If you are more interested in something that would also serve as a home defense weapon, .40S&W is a good compromise between the 9mm and the 45ACP...9mm's have an over penetration problem, meaning they tend to go through a subject, retaining a good deal of the speed unless they make contact with bone. Now, all bullets will do this, but the 9mm's speed, in conjunction with its weight and size, make it a much more frequent occurrence than you will see with a .40 or a .45.

The .40 has more noticeable recoil than the 9mm, but with a full size handgun its more than controllable, and with enough range time you wont notice the difference.

If you really want to dig into the 9mm/.40S&W, the Department of Justice has done extensive research on the two rounds when police departments began to make the switch from 9mm to .40S&W.

BRANDON BOND 02-10-2009 04:20 PM

long shot has forgotten more about guns than the rest of us will ever know.

BRANDON BOND 02-10-2009 04:20 PM

I have personally shot with him...

LongShot 02-10-2009 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRANDON BOND (Post 38978)
long shot has forgotten more about guns than the rest of us will ever know.

You flatter me sir.

ChrisA 02-10-2009 04:48 PM

I have the sub compact version in 9mm. Pretty decent gun. First gun that I chose to carry after getting my license. They were tough to find for a decent price for awhile, havnt checked around on them lately though. You will not be disappointed by it.

BRANDON BOND 02-10-2009 05:16 PM

is this "scaryface chris"? I ask because i saw that gun in your car?

ChrisA 02-10-2009 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRANDON BOND (Post 38987)
is this "scaryface chris"? I ask because i saw that gun in your car?

Yeah, that's me. And that was the one.

maddscientist 02-10-2009 08:15 PM

I have also been looking at handguns. Applied for CCW just waiting to get it. I just put some money down on a Sig Sauer (60 day back order.... thanks Obama) and I would recommend checking them out. I have shot a few and love em. Also they have a bunch of .40 s&w or 9mm. I am going with a p220 carry elite. I want the .45 cause I dont want to have to mess around with multiple shots if you know what I mean. Also for home defense penetration can be an issue as stated before. Whatever you do I would recommend trying to shoot one first because each person will fit each gun differently.