All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio

All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Questions (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   kingpin needles (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6605)

texasmickey 04-15-2011 12:16 AM

kingpin needles

is it just me or did they change something about how they make their needles?
7 liners turn out lines that look like 5s and 9s turn out lines that look like 7s

TattooPadawan 04-16-2011 07:44 AM

Re: kingpin needles

Quote:

Originally Posted by texasmickey (Post 69377)
is it just me or did they change something about how they make their needles?
7 liners turn out lines that look like 5s and 9s turn out lines that look like 7s

I dont know about Kiingpin,.. but I know Eikon's 9 round are coming to me now super tight. Out if the pack look close to a 5 round.
I just get out the handy dandy Bic needle loosening tool and fix it.

lozer81 04-16-2011 08:08 AM

king pin always had really tightly grouped needles, like their regular 7round is more like a tight 7, and thier tight 7 is more like a 5 round. thats how they always been to me.

tattooing_the_stars 04-16-2011 01:09 PM

personally, i love kingpins needles. yeah, there tighter than a STANDARD liner, but what i sometimes do is use a lighter to open it up a little more, then autoclave them before i use them so i have some that are loose loose

texasmickey 04-17-2011 06:38 PM

i've been using em since i started tattooing and it just seems like lately they are putting out thinner lines. i was considering trying those envy needles and see how they look. anything to avoid cam....

InkStained 04-18-2011 09:22 AM

Envy needles are badass. I have a box of 9rl from kingpin which I bought about 5 months ago. Wasnt too crazy about them.. Not that they were bad but..they were significantly thinner than the 9rs from tatsoul. I like my liners a bit loose

ErniE 04-20-2011 03:51 PM

try "Traditional Needles" for good loose liners. i also need a nice fat liner, i got tired of explaining to my customers why im going at their needle with a lighter to make a better spread, it just looks sketchy to some people. ANYWAY, they rule and ive never been happier with a liner needle, check em out..

InkStained 04-20-2011 04:53 PM

Yah.. I use Envy traditional 8s religiously.

theskndoc2010 05-02-2011 06:40 AM

i have used to envy shaders and their textured liners r real nice. i use kingpin 9 curved mags and 15 mags just because i was ordering from them. both r good but i really like envy the best. all i am saying is u cant go wrong with envy. i work in myrtle beach where all of the tattoo shops are in a row because of this stupid zoning and have tried many different types of needles. there is actuallya needle company here that has an ebay site called needleboy and i have tried his 7 curved mags and 7 tight liners. the liners line like a 5's and the mags pck the color in or shade nice..prices are 10.99 a box with free delivery. one artist swears by them and i might order from him next time..that is just my two cents but i have been tattooing for over a decade

Lord Hordak 05-02-2011 07:51 AM

If im spending my money i sure dont want needles I have to "fix"
before using them.

Kingpin has some decent stuff, but I have had some issues with them...
(not going to talk bad about them so..)

Im looking into trying to work a bit more with bugpins so Ive been watching alot of the forums with threads that pertain to needles.

I know that to make money you need to spend money, and im fine with that,
hell I own 7 next gen machines, and upgraded my ems 300 to the ems 400
(that took most of my lunch money at the time)
however I dont want to pay 50 bucks a box of needles..
exp to try new ones that I may or may not like...
oh the decisions
???????