All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio

All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Questions (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   where's the best place to open a new shop? (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6762)

ErniE 05-26-2011 04:09 PM

where's the best place to open a new shop?

not already oversaturated, decent year found economy ect... I have the chance to help open a shop and my area is dying and too many shops to even think about another one... my invester guy is going to do it with or without me.. could be my way out of town, is it a hopeless dream everywhere or just where I'm at now?

waverly 05-27-2011 06:05 AM

Re: where's the best place to open a new shop?

If you are in a place where you don't have a solid clientele who make it happen for you, how would you be able to move someplace else where you don't know anyone and make a living?

ErniE 05-27-2011 11:01 AM

i have a decent clientele who travels far and wide to keep me pretty busy most of the time and there are a few walk-ins a day as well.. im sure i would do very well for MYSELF the next town over but i have alot of respect for my current boss and coworkers and would not feel good about taking away from them. this isnt just about more money for me, its mostly that i hate living here (dreary depressing, hard winters, high unemployment rate ect) and a friend with alot of money is going to open up a shop either-way.. i could always just move down south and get hired at another respectable shop but with this seems like a much better opportunity that might not come along very often..

travelingtom 05-27-2011 11:40 AM

the economy is s&!tty all over the country, i would be careful leaving your bread and butter for something that is unknown, and if its just a town over i dont see how thats going to help with hard winters and bad unemployment rates. if your buddy is going to open a shop anyway, just tell him you want to see what kind of business it brings before you make a move.

ErniE 05-28-2011 03:05 PM

I'm thinking I should just travel around working and see how I feel about it then...

theskndoc2010 06-14-2011 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ErniE (Post 69964)
I'm thinking I should just travel around working and see how I feel about it then...

dude if ur a good solid artist and have a clietele base, then ur customers are going to follow you. i moved from md (right outside of wash dc) where i had a great clientele over 8 hours away where i knew 1 person. not only did i build a new clientele but had others come from myold place to get ink also. it is all about ur art and how u treat customers. u will never know until u do it. u can also always come back and do guest spots when u feel like it. if it was me and i had the chance, i would go for it..you will never know until u try.

dano_kan 06-14-2011 07:24 PM

don't open near me... other than that, work your ass off..