All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio

All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/index.php)
-   Dumb Laws Of The Week (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Tattooing is "Adult Entertainment" in Pa (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3666)

durden666 01-26-2009 11:39 PM

Tattooing is "Adult Entertainment" in Pa

According to the Zoning enforcement office in Pennsylvania tattooing and body piercing establishments are classified as Adult Entertainment. By labeling our industry this way the local governments are legally allowed to keep studios out of a town if they dont want it there. Some of the guidlines in specific towns that enforce this include being too close to a school or church. Shops have been closed after the owners have spent thousands on their new location because a local church decided to push the issue stating that "the tattoo industry increases crime and drug use, and decrease property values". I suggest you all search the local laws and codes in your area and see what kind of discrimination they have written into the legal system to make us seem like we are destroying america.

LongShot 01-28-2009 10:21 AM

Re: Tattooing is "Adult Entertainment" in Pa

How about Church homeless shelters increase crime and hurt property values? Pine Street anyone?

BRANDON BOND 01-28-2009 01:35 PM

word.

durden666 01-28-2009 11:41 PM

Yeah no s&!t, I dont know who is more corrupt, the government or the church. neither one will ever admit they are full of crap, and they both discriminate against anyone that doesnt follow their rules to a t.

tat2edsoda 02-15-2010 04:58 PM

Wichita, kansas rules on zoneing is bad too have to be 200 ft from churches, parks, schools and residential zones and be only in a small hand full of approved property zones as well. and then the two pest part of town for shops they rezoned the areas to not alow tattoo shops. the ones there were grandfathered in but no others can and every were else ether cost so much or are in slummy areas. one even opened in a shut down taco tico. ewww. i pay high rent for this area but i needed a non geto shop.

SaintCurtis 02-15-2010 07:24 PM

the only positive side to this would be STRIPPERS IN THE SHOP
i would be a mada'am 35% of all your money my tiny dancers

Joe 02-19-2010 03:50 AM

The zoning is to intimidate and keep the tattooed person labeled as scum. It pisses me off.
They place restrictions on you to where you have no where to open except beside a strip club or heavy crime locations, then they say tattoo shops bring crime to the area.They brought the shop to the crime, not the crime to the shop.
Separation of church and State, but State gets involved in enforcing the will of the church. It's unconstitutional.

The Virtuoso 02-28-2010 10:13 PM

WTF? Good thing we dont have that kind of crap here... The "18 and above only" policy is enough to keep youngsters and school kids stay away from the shop, we dont have to be relocated miles from school, churches etc... That's the reason why we have the "Minors are not allowed" law and policy in a tattoo shop, but having to be relocated or deprived from choosing a location where you think its a good spot for your business is way too much...

Yeah, its the dumbest law related to tattooing Ive ever heard... So far...

The Virtuoso 02-28-2010 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tat2edsoda (Post 55057)
Wichita, kansas rules on zoneing is bad too have to be 200 ft from CHURCHES, parks, schools and residential zones and be only in a small hand full of approved property zones as well. and then the two pest part of town for shops they rezoned the areas to not alow tattoo shops. the ones there were grandfathered in but no others can and every were else ether cost so much or are in slummy areas. one even opened in a shut down taco tico. ewww. i pay high rent for this area but i needed a non geto shop.

A Pastor can get a tattoo but a tattoo shop should be located away from a church??? How convenient...

chris_nettle_tattoo 07-13-2010 03:01 AM

That is probably one of the dumbest tattoo laws I have heard. I am glad we don't have that kind sh!t over here in Japan.