All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio

All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Questions (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   rights as a tattoo artist/piercer (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5273)

SaintCurtis 03-08-2010 11:06 PM

rights as a tattoo artist/piercer

so what are our rights in the industry as subcontractors i have had some trouble at work and i know that its a pretty hard question to answer since we all get to make up our own rules in a sense i.e tattooists,shop owners, etc....... but on a subcontracter level what rights do we have

gilbert torres 03-09-2010 07:44 PM

Re: rights as a tattoo artist/piercer

i am a licenced paint contractor and the same rules apply when i hire a sub.i cant tell him when to show up for work,when he can take a lunch...yadda yadda.alot of tattooist arent sure if they are "employees" of the shop or "subs".are they 1099 you? i remember seeing the article somewhere,you might be able to google the info.

Los 03-09-2010 07:47 PM

what kind of problems? You are self employed....hopefully you have a contract...verbal or written both are enforceable. get a lawyer...there are tons out there.

conorblue 03-10-2010 07:57 AM

unfortunately some of that stuff is such a grey area, they cant tell you when to come into work, but they can advise you when they are open, and fire you based upon not being there within those hours. hah!! catch 22!

terryhaddon 03-10-2010 03:30 PM

i hate contractors........they are like anarchists with a job.

Nicole 03-10-2010 08:38 PM

Are contractors better if they bring you reeses??? And have boobs?? heh

sickradsean 03-11-2010 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicole (Post 56490)
Are contractors better if they bring you reeses??? And have boobs?? heh

Yes. You could have started that sentence with just about any job title and the answer would be yes. Unless it's some kind of tranny contractor, big fat sweaty hairy dude, but with a huge rack. Ugh. Then, no.

DrayBono 03-12-2010 03:55 PM

yeah, if you could be more specific about the problems you're having...to type out all the rights we have would simply be too long and would probably only confuse you more about your issue

SaintCurtis 03-12-2010 10:22 PM

i guess i have figured out that you really dont have any rights it all depends on the person and the leeway they receive on certain things and how much your worth and respect you get cuz its not like one could go to a union and make a complaint you either do what they say or find another shop

SaintCurtis 03-12-2010 10:23 PM

and thank you to everyone who tried to help with such a vague question